Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Lacma Lecture: Frida Kahlo And Dorothy Hale


I would like to thank the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) and especially Dr. Ilene Susan Fort for inviting me to lecture in conjunction with their current exhibition "In Wonderland:  The Surrealist Adventures of Women Artists in Mexico and the United States".  Presenting my talk, "Frida Kahlo's Portrait of Dorothy Hale:  Dreams, Dramas and Revelations", was a wonderful experience.

I appreciate the opportunity to share my research on Dorothy Hale and Frida Kahlo's painting of her, "Suicide of Dorothy Hale".  I was especially inspired by the amazing audience.  I enjoyed answering your questions and meeting so many of you after the presentation.

I will be posting video snippets from the lecture soon on The Official Dorothy Hale YouTube Channel, Facebook, web site and on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.